Tuesday 18 October 2016

Monoprinting technique

Yesterday I used a new technique called monoprinting. I used old mark making pieces of work and developed them into a monoprint piece of work.


First I recreated a shell pattern I made with pencil and created different textures by using different sides of the pencil. Then I flipped it and remade the work with a different colour. I used a yellow piece of paper as my surface.


Next I used cartridge paper and created soft textures with black and red ink and blocked some ink using a piece of paper in between the ink and surface. I used again my shell piece.


This time I used harsh lines to create a block like ink pattern and blocked ink using a square piece of paper. I used a map as a surface.

Finally I referenced another mark making piece I created and drew this with a stick, making it impossible for me to see what I had already done and created this. Then I used a little bid of red ink around. I used yellow paper for this.

I like this technique because it is something different and you can come up with very interesting results. However I feel I may not use this technique much in my future work.

No comments:

Post a Comment