Thursday 22 September 2016

Experiments - part 2

For this lesson we used wet mediums to experiment with.

I also used my same subject ftom last lesson. Most took around 1-2 minutes excluding the A3 piece. 


For my first experiment, I used biro with a ruler on brown paper with emulsion paint in 1 minute. I found this hard to control at first and not as free as free-handed.   

Here I again used graphite on brown paper with emulsion paint but free-hand.


Here I used oil paint on brown paper with emulsion paint.

Here I used hatching with biro on brown paper with emulsion paint.


For this I chose black, green and white oil pastel on top of cardboard and brown paper with emulsion paint collage.

This is the large A3 reproduction on cartridge paper of the picture above. this took more time than the above experiments.

My favourite area to work on is brown paper on emulsion paint because it gives a rough and lined texture. I also like oil pastel because you can use it to make different effects and textures depending on how you hold it.

No comments:

Post a Comment